Your location has been scouted, you’re familiar with your script, and filming day is fast approaching! We understand that preparing yourself for your first shoot can be a bit nerve-wracking. Here are some tips to make filming day smooth sailing.
- Not sure what to wear? Bring a few options. Our experienced team can help you choose the best look for your video. (Bonus Tip – Don’t wear green for a green screen shoot!)
- While a full-on manicure isn’t necessary, making sure that your nails are neat and clean is more important than you might think. Aside from your face, the area people are most likely to notice are your hands. This is especially true if you make a lot of hand gestures or are showing off a skill at close range.
- To look your very best, make sure that you are well-rested and hydrated for your shoot. About a week before shooting, decrease your caffeine and alcohol intake while increasing your water intake. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep the night before your shoot.
- If your video is scripted, practice your script and make sure that you are truly comfortable with it. If the wording is off from how you would normally speak, it will come across as fake or forced in your video. While you want to avoid major grammatical errors and sound professional, you also want to sound like yourself.
- Nervous? Try a breathing exercise or guided meditation to relax beforehand. Don’t worry if you are still feeling a little antsy once the camera starts rolling, it’s totally normal. We have techniques to help you loosen up during filming to ensure the best possible footage.
Still have concerns? Remember that the professionals at Create A Video will do whatever we can to make shooting day a success. If you have questions about how to best prep for a promo shoot, sound off in the comments below or contact us.